Silicone kitchen utensils are essential tools for home kitchens, including silicone spatula, silicone baking pan, silicone baking mat, and etc.
In the last article, we share the advantages of silicone kitchenware. Now let’s share why cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen utensils are very important. If cleaning and maintenance work is not done properly, some stains, grease, and oil will remain on the kitchenware. Furthermore will cause mold and bacteria will form on the kitchenware, which will affect our health directly.
The following we share the correct cleaning and maintenance methods of silicone kitchen utensils.
Steps to Clean Silicone Kitchen utensils
first use and premier clean
When we get a new silicone kitchen utensils, we need to treat it with a premier clean.
- Wash away the dirt and dust from the silicone utensils, using warm water and dish soap to clean it.
- Sterilize the silicone kitchenware with Boiled water. If put the silicone kitchenware in the boiler, take care don’t let the silicone stuff touch the boiler bottom. The partial huge-temperature will damage the silicone material.
- We can also put the silicone in the disinfection, baking oven or microwave to sterilize them. Just take care don’t let the sterilize container temperature not higher than 240℃, and don’t let the silicone too dry in the oven, we can fill little water to protect the silicone.
- 10~30 minutes is ok for the sterilizing time.
- After the premier clean and sterilize, we need to hang up the silicone kitchen utensils, and air dries them. Dry condition avoids mold and bacteria forming on the surface of silicone kitchenware.
- When using silicone kitchen utensils products for the first time, we need to pay attention to cleaning with water to remove dust and debris on the surface before use.
Cleaning after using the silicone kitchen utensils
- After using silicone kitchen utensils, like silicone muffin pans, silicone baking mat. Once you collect the cooked food. We suggest putting the silicone kitchenware in the warm water, that can macerate the dry food residue. We will feel easy to scrub away the dirt.
- The silicone is durable and it’s dishwasher safe. We can put them on the top rack of the dishwasher for normal washing.
- When clean the silicone kitchen utensils by hand. We should prepare hot water, anti-grease dish soap, and nonabrasive sponge or brush. This can help to wash away the grease and other food residues, and also protect the surface of kitchenware.
- Attention: the high-quality silicone kitchen utensils are with high smooth surface treatment technology. We don’t need to spray anti-stick oil. And also when scrub and brush them, avoid damaging the smooth surface.
- If there are stubborn stains stick on the kitchenware, we can put them in the boiled water, then the stains will soften. Then they are easy to brush away.
- We can use the baking soda to scrub away the dirt. And the toothpaste is also a very good cleaning tool.
Attentions for maintenance
When cleaning, please use a soft sponge or soft cotton cloth. Do not use rough abrasive, hard steel brush, aluminum ball, or very rough cleaning utensils to clean the kitchen utensils. After cleaning, put it in a ventilated place to dry quickly, or store it in a cabinet or drawer.
Because the surface of the silica gel has slight electrostatic adsorption, it will adhere to small particles or dust in the air. When not used for a long time, do not directly expose it to the air.
Silicone kitchen utensils are generally a new type of kitchen utensils. It has the characteristics of convenient cleaning. It can be cleaned well with water, which meets our extreme needs for living products and breaks the tradition. Kitchen utensils bring more and better convenience to our lives!
In addition, as long as we do a good job, the cleaning and maintenance of silicone kitchenware can not only ensure the life of the kitchenware but most importantly, clean kitchenware is also a great guarantee for health.
Silicone Kitchen Utensils is a very convenient and practical tool, We are the best manufacturer and supplier of silicone kitchenware, Your inquiry is welcome.
Also, If you like this article（ https://www.siliconeuse.com/how-to-clean-silicone-kitchen-utensils/ ）, please leave a message or share it，thank you.